15ct antique agate cufflinks by S Schlank and co in the early 1900’s
A brief history on S Schlank & Co:
Silas Schlank was born in Prussia and emigrated to Adelaide in the 1860’s. Becoming a partner with Philip Falk of P Falk and Co. After the business broke up between Philip and Silas Falk, Silas Schlank took over in 1887 renaming it Beaver Jewellery Factory. Eventually changing the name to S Schlank & Co Directories and later S Schlank & Co, the business was continued after his death by his wife and later in 1905 became a public company. The company produced many gold and silver pieces of jewellery as well as EPNS pieces. In 1969 the company closed and during its 82 year history, became a leading manufacturer of high end jewellery pieces sought after by collectors today.
Click here to see more antique cufflinks that are currently in store: