Antique natural pearl and paste bee brooch made by Willis
A brief history about Willis and Sons:
Willis and Sons were first established in 1858 by Richard and Thomas Willis, who were jewellery importers and wholesalers. They imported clocks, silver and electro-plated pieces as well making a name for themselves as a leading manufacturer of jewellery. The jewellery they produced often reflected the native Australian flora and fauna with brooches often being in the form of a boomerang often with an Australian animal for example. By the turn of the century the firm had become Australiaâ€™s leading gold jewellery manufacturer and after 1931 continued just as importers after closing the manufacturing side of the business down. Their jewellery is hallmarked with the gold carat and mark as well as their own registered mark of a unicorn.
Click here to see more antique Australian jewellery that is currently for sale:
Click here to see a small selection of antique brooches that are currently in store: