Green garnet and diamond ring by Levinson in the early 1900’s
Set with a green tsavorite garnet and surrounded by nine antique European cut diamonds.
A brief history on Levinson Pty Ltd
Hyman Levinson migrated from the UKÂ to Ballarat Victoria, and opened a jewellery business in 1854 until moving to Perth in the 1890’s. In 1896 his brother Mark Levinson opened his store in Howick St, and then later moved to a larger premises in Barrack St. In 1901 his sons Eugene and Felix became partners where they traded as Levinson & Sons where they became known for their high quality jewellery.
In 1926 with Eugene’s sons Malcolm and Robert, they moved to larger premises to expand their jewellery manufacturing as well as jewellery and watchmaking repairs. When World War Two started they became involved in manufacturing optical munitions.
In 1961 Caris Bros purchased Levinson’s and kept hold of many of the original staff as well as retaining Robert Levinson as a consultant.
Click here to see more antique rings that are currently in store:
Click here to see more antique engagement rings that are currently in store: