Antique ruby and diamond ring made in Chester in 1895
This antique ruby and diamond ring is set with two natural rubies and two rose cut diamonds. The rose cut diamond was first manufactured inÂ IndiaÂ at the end of the 15th Century, and later this cut was perfected in the diamond cutting workshops in Antwerp and Amsterdam. Very popular during most of the 16thÂ and 17th centuries, it is often found in rings all the way to the Art Deco period of the 1920’s and 1940’s and in recent years has had a massive resurgence in popularity with modern rose cut diamonds being cut today.
Click here to see more antique rings that are currently in store: