Here is a truly magnificent antique emerald, diamond and pearl pendant of exceptional quality.
Made in the 1860’s, the pendant is made in 18ct yellow gold and measures 3cm across by 3.2cm high (or 4.4cm to the very top bail) and stands out so well against the skin.
It is not just the gemstones, but the way and attention to detail on both sides.
In total there are 59 diamonds, 9 emeralds and 8 natural pearls. The diamonds total 0.94 carats and the emeralds 2.11 carats and are Colombian in origin.
Originally this piece would of had a detachable brooch fitting which has gone missing over the years and would have screwed into the three holes on the back, and looking on the reverse side shows how much more detail this piece has with the most fine and superb hand engraving.
This is a sensational antique pendant and one for a purist of antique jewellery.