What Makes Antique Jewellery the Perfect Anniversary Gift
Marriage is one of the most important milestones in our lives and is something worth celebrating each and every year. Your wedding anniversary can be considered a shared birthday between you and your wife, and as such it needs to be a memorable occasion for both of you. Often times, you can put a lot of time and effort into showing your significant other how grateful you are to share your life with them. One of the most perfect ways to show your love is through a unique anniversary present that they will treasure. If you are looking for a special anniversary present for her then why not consider antique jewellery?
In this ever changing, modern world many people only consider the latest and greatest while antique jewellery offers a uniqueness and style that has survived the test of time. Have you ever noticed that the value of many modern fine jewellery pieces immediately goes down after you purchase them?
So what makes antique jewellery so special? In this article, we have rounded up some of the reasons as to why antique jewellery makes the perfect anniversary gift.
- Unique and intricate designs â€“ Antique jewellery is popularly known for its unique and intricate designs. These designs are so unique that you can be assured that there is no other one in the world who wears the exact same piece of jewellery as yours. Unlike many modern diamond rings, the cut of antique diamonds are individual and intricate. The diamonds are uniquely cut to produce a detailed yet elegant look like no other.
- Higher market value â€“ Unlike modern fine jewellery whose value depreciates with time, antique jewellery is like fine wine, because the older that they get, the more valuable they become. Most vintage jewellery is aged 50 years and older while antique jewellery is 100 years or older. Some extremely rare items are even more than two centuries old. Gifting your wife with a beautiful piece of antique jewellery is like telling her that your love will get sweeter as time goes by and can stand the tests of times.
- Historical significance â€“ Although antique jewellery is known for its unique beauty, it is not the beauty that captures the heart of the buyer, but its unique historical aspect. They are often handed down from one generation to another, and often come with a detailed background as they have changed hands. So if you are shopping for antique jewellery, whether it is a necklace, ring or a pair of earrings, make sure that it has a long historical past to it. If you want to start a family heirloom tradition, then buying a piece of antique jewellery is a great way to start.
- High quality pieces â€“ As discussed earlier, most antique jewellery is 100 years and older, which means that they have survived through the test of time. They are well crafted and made of high quality materials. Unlike modern jewellery, which are mostly machine produced, these older pieces were carefully handcrafted and designed by expert jewellers. If you would compare them to the modern designs, there is no doubt that most antique jewellery has superior workmanship.
- Never out of the trend â€“ Fashion trends may come and go, but antique jewellery will never go out of style. This is because these unique pieces will always have a way of making a woman look classically beautiful and elegant. They have this certain air of grandeur and sophistication that is just hard to ignore. Wearing a piece of antique jewellery will surely make your wife stand out from the crowd.
So if you are a newbie to the world of antique jewellery, visiting a trusted antique jewellery dealer is a great place to start. We will be glad to help you find what you are looking for.