Here is a very beautiful antique pendant that has so many wonderful aspects to it.
Made in 9 carat gold in the early 1900's, the pendant is set with two green tourmalines that have such a delicate green colour that looks even more magnificent set into the gold and highlighted by all of those pearls.
This pendant has the elegant symmetry of the late Victorian era, with also an Art Nouveau influence with the flowing design of the pearls on the side combined with the way that graduate in size, which was typical of the more asymmetrical, free-flowing designs often seen in Art Nouveau jewellery. With thirty five pearls set into the main section of the pendant, there are thirteen more surrounding the tourmaline in the centre.
And then there are two more pearls set onto the top bail, which can be removed, and the reverse of the pendant has a brooch fitting, so once this part is removed, it can easily and comfortably be worn as a brooch.
Measuring 32.4mm across by 51.5mm to the top of the detachable bail or 44.8mm without, this is not only a very attractive antique pendant and brooch, but one that is so versatile in how you choose to wear it.
Tourmaline and pearl antique brooch/pendant
Tourmaline and pearl antique brooch/pendant made in the early 1900's. This antique pendant can also be worn as a brooch. Set with two green tourmalines, it is highlighted with natural seed pearls.
This antique pendant has a removable bail at the top, as well as a brooch fitting on the back. Once the top bail is removed, it can easily be worn as a brooch, making this antique pendant so versatile in how you choose to wear it.
Sydney is home to Kalmar Antiques, Australia's leading antique jewellery store. Dealing in antique jewellery and watches, Kalmar Antiques is also an authorised OMEGA watch service centre.
Click here to see more antique brooches currently in store:
Click here to see some more antique necklaces and pendants that are currently instore:
Click here for a link to the beautiful and historic Queen Victoria Building. We are on the top floor and are the only antique jewellery store in the building: